2012-06-02

Top Performances of Cate Blanchett by LMdC


As a late contribution to the LAMB’s Acting School 101 I’ve decided to make a top of Blanchett’s best performances from her movies I’ve seen so far.

1. I’m Not There
2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
4. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
5. The Aviator
6. Coffee and Cigarettes
7. Hot Fuzz

Potential contenders or films I haven’t seen yet:
Hanna, Elisabeth & Elisabeth: The Golden Age, Notes on A Scandal, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Babel, The Missing, The Gift, The Talented Mr. Ripley.

What do you think this list? Which performance was her best/worst? Of the films I’ve haven’t seen which would you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen all your unseen films, except Missing. Don't watch Hanna for Blanchett's performance. She definitely mailed that one in. Notes on a Scandal is probably the best of those movies, although more for Dench's performance than Blanchett's. I'd probably go with The Aviator for her best performance. I don't even remember her in Hot Fuzz. Was it a cameo I am forgetting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your choices Chip! It's good to have you around!

      In Hot Fuzz it was an uncredited cameo but I liked the film so much I had to add it here!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...